Are you seeking a custom codec that works with MX Player and supports both DTS and AC3? The MX Player is an important piece of entertainment software for Android devices that shouldn’t be overlooked. Much like the VLC media player that is available for Windows, MX Player is a well-known media player for Android users that offers a diverse set of features.
This video-viewing application is one of the most popular ones available in the Google Play Store, as it is used by over 500 million people across the world. It is capable of playing back virtually any audio or video file that you could possibly throw at it. It also has an easy-to-use interface and a lot of functions that let you enjoy your media files in many different ways.
MX Player Custom Codec
The MX Player Codec includes the FFmpeg library, as well as a number of other libraries that are required for the player to function properly. If you download MX Player from the Play Store, it will only contain the libraries that your device requires.
You may need to download Codec packs from the Google Play Store at times (if It asks to do so). However, there is also Custom Codec, which is a modified version of the FFmpeg library used it. DTS/Dolby (ac3) audio tracks are supported. If it prompts the user to install codec packs from the Play Store, the user must do so. If you want to play videos with DTS and Dolby (AC3) audio tracks, you can use the Custom Codec option.
MX Player is a fantastic media player program that is available all over the world.
We all enjoy watching high-quality films and movies with good sound effects. Every day, a slew of new media player applications are produced and released. Because of its great capabilities, most people use VLC media players to watch movies and videos.
People generally use the Player for watching videos or movies after it was first released. It is updated on a regular basis and now includes advanced features.
How can I change the codec in MX Player?
If you’re having trouble playing a video or audio file in It, but it’s not playing or the sound isn’t coming through, it’s likely due to a problem with it.
And, in order to solve this type of problem, we’d want to install the appropriate silent codec on the device. For which we’d like to change It. All of this has already been mentioned above, so please ask them if you have any questions.
On the Google Play Store, MX Player is one of the greatest video players.
It is capable of playing a wide range of audio and video formats.
This player also supports background playback in addition to the HW/HW+ and SW decoders, as well as installing the It custom codec pack to support a variety of codecs such as DTS, AC3, and MLP, among others. It offers certain unique features that set it apart from other online video players.
MX Player’s Features:
- Hardware Acceleration – With the help of a new HW+ decoder, apply hardware acceleration to add videos.
- Multi-core Decoding – MX Player is the first video player for Android to enable multi-core decoding. The results of the test revealed that dual-core devices perform up to 70% better than single-core devices.
- Pinch to Zoom, Zoom, and Pan- Simply pinch and swipe across the screen to zoom in and out.
Optional zoom and pan are also available.
- Scroll forward/backward to move to the next/previous text in the subtitles.
Zoom in/out to alter text size, and up/down to move text up and down.
MX Player Download Methods:
- If you have the zip file on your computer’s internal storage (in the download or Bluetooth section), keep it there.
- MX Player should now be open.
- If it’s compatible with the codec pack you’ve downloaded, the App will prompt you to install the codec pack you’ve downloaded from the storage.
- Simply press the OK button.
- The pack will be installed after the app has been restarted. You can now listen to any video without any interruptions.
(Instructions for Direct Installation)
This is the simplest method of installing; if you don’t want things to be complicated, this is the method to use.
Download the appropriate MX Player custom codec zip file for your phone.
Launch the MX Player program. If you downloaded the correct custom codec file for your phone, you’ll see a pop-up box asking you to install the custom codec from the storage; simply click “OK” and the process will begin.
In the MX player, add a custom codec, It will restart and the custom codec file will be installed. Now you may enjoy your favorite media file in the format of your choice.
- On your smartphone, launch MX Player.
- Select Settings >Decoder >General >Custom Codec from the drop-down menu.
- The navigation of the codec pack will be done through a dialogue box.
Now go to the folder where the codec pack is located and open it.
The zip file will appear; click on it.
- The App will restart if you picked the correct zip file.
(Installation Method by Hand):
This method may be challenging for some people, but I will do my best to explain it to you in the most straightforward manner possible.
These are the following steps
Open the Players app on your device.
Go to Settings > Decoder > Custom codec in the application.
A popup window will appear, prompting you to select and go to the directory containing the custom codec zip file, then double-click it.
Your phone will restart immediately if you correctly downloaded the custom codec file that is compatible with your version.
After you’ve installed the codec file, you’ll be able to watch your favorite media file in the format you want.
How to update MX player:
You can continue to use your player after the update as long as your FFmpeg library is unchanged. When your player is updated, it checks to see if the appropriate codecs are installed. If your custom codecs aren’t up to date with the latest version, your player won’t work. In most cases, an error code will be displayed.
“The custom codec is no longer supported. Please update to the most recent version.”
Now you must download and install the most recent custom codes for your device. That’s all I’ve got for now! If you have any problems downloading Custom Codec, please leave a remark. If you found this article useful, please share it.
Keep your kids occupied without worrying about them making phone calls or using other apps. However, in a recent version, developers eliminated some codecs, resulting in incompatibility with AC3, DTS, MLP, TrueHD, and other formats. Let’s you play DTS and AC3 files using a custom codec. Thanks to the XDA developers for creating these custom codecs. We’ve shown you how to download and install the custom codec for MX Player in this article.
The “FFmpeg” library is included in the MX Player Codec Pack, which is necessary to play all formats. These libraries are included in the official MX player, depending on your device architecture.
You can get the essential codec packs from third-party websites. DTS and AC3 audio tracks are supported by this custom MX Player codec. Other formats such as DTS-HD/EAC3/MLP can also be played with these codec packs.
MX Player Custom Codec features
- DTS, DTS-HD, AC3, EAC3, and MLP file formats are all supported.
- All recent versions of MX Player are fully compatible.
- Devices that are supported
- DTS and AC3 Custom codec is available for download.
How to Install Custom Codec
Depending on your mobile chipset version, download the zip file from the download section.
- Place the Codec file in your phone’s storage after unzipping it.
- MX Player will be launched.
- If any Custom codecs are compatible with the MX Player, it will immediately suggest that you use them.
- If method 1 fails to install the custom codec pack for It, method 2 can be used to manually install the custom codec pack.
- Start MX Player and tap the ‘Three Dots’ in the upper right corner.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select “Decoder” from the drop-down menu.
- Decoder Settings for MX Player.
- Now locate and select the “Custom Codec” option.
- Custom Codec Option in It.
Depending on your device, navigate to and pick the Codec Zip file.
If you don’t know your device’s system architecture, you can use MX aio.zip to automatically find and install the correct codec.
Select a codec file in It.
“Restarting the app to reload codec” will appear as a pop-up.
It will restart your MX Player if you click “OK.”
Restarting MX Player to reload codec
What is the MX Player codec used for?
Other formats, such as DTS-HD/EAC3/MLP, can be played with it.
What’s the best way to get codecs?
In the download portion of this guide, we’ve included links to codecs for download.
How do you figure out what your device’s system architecture is?
You may learn about your device’s system architecture by utilizing an application called CPU-Z.
Is it possible to play DTS audio with MX Player?
The stock app currently does not support DTS audio. However, you can play DTS audio if you install the custom codec.
Is EAC3 supported by MX Player?
If It has the custom codec installed, EAC3 files can be played.
Check Also: Ways To Delete Google Pay Account In Few Steps