Facebook, one of the most popular social media apps, has recently launched a new safety feature for users which allows them to lock their profile completely. The new feature allows users to keep a check on who is viewing their how to lock fb profile and make sure that only their friends can view their photos and posts. This new feature gives users more control over their Facebook experience. The feature (how to lock fb profile) has been launched in select countries only, including India.
Once the new feature is enabled, no one except your friends can zoom into, share or download your full-size profile picture or your cover photo. It restricts others from seeing posts on your timeline. Any posts that a user has shared publicly will be changed to friends. Only a small portion of the “About info” will be visible to everyone on the how to lock fb profile.
How to Secure Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites used by millions of people across the globe. Signing up for how to lock your profile on Facebook allows you to upload photos and videos, post status updates, and connect with other how to lock fb profile users. However, the app keeps on providing the utmost privacy for accounts. Three years ago, they launched the profile picture guard feature. Last year, they introduced a successor to the feature-Facebook profile lock.
The profile lock feature on Facebook adds an extra layer of security to the profile. The lock symbol that appears on someone’s profile is an indication of the locked profile. However, the ability to lock your Facebook profile is currently available only on the Facebook Android app, Facebook Lite for Android, and how to lock fb profile mobile website – m.facebook.com. The feature is unavailable on the Facebook iPhone app or the desktop version of Facebook – Facebook.com.
However, there is a way through which you can lock your how to lock fb profile from the desktop version. Do you want to know how? Follow the below-given steps.
How to Lock Facebook profile via mobile app
To lock your how to lock fb profile via the Android mobile app, follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. First, you need to go to your profile on the Facebook app
2. Next Tap the three-dot menu icon next to ‘Add to Story’ You will be able to see a Lock Profile option, tap on it.
3. The next page will give you a brief on how it works with an option to Lock Your Profile at the bottom, tap on it.
4. You should see a pop-up that says ‘You Locked Your Profile’, tap on OK
Here’s how to Lock a Facebook profile via desktop
1. how to lock your Facebook profile via desktop, head to https://www.facebook.com/
2. Open the profile icon in the URL, and replace ‘www’ with ‘m’ so it says ‘m.facebook.com/yourprofilename’
3. This takes you to the mobile version of Facebook on your desktop browser.
4. Next you will be able to see a three-dot menu next to the Edit Profile option.
5. In the three-dot menu, click on the Lock Profile option.
6. The next page shows how the locking works, and users get an option to Lock Your Profile at the bottom. Simply click on it.
Your profile is now locked.
What is a locked profile on Facebook?
A lock profile feature is introduced by how to lock fb profile in which a person can choose to hide his profile from non-friends on the platform. It limits your personal information, including photos, videos, and posts from others to view and interact with it. A Facebook-locked profile is indicated with a shield icon on it.
How to view Facebook profiles as public?
Log in to your how-to lock fb profile and move to your profile page. Click the three dots right next to your cover photo. You’ll see a pop-up menu; click “View as.” Your profile will be redirected, and you’ll see your Facebook profile as public.
How to make photos private on Facebook?
How to lock your Facebook profile Manage your photo’s privacy by going to the specific post you want to make private.
- Click the three dots on the top right.
- Click Edit Audience and select who you want to see your post from friends, friends except, and specific friends.
How to make my Facebook page private?
To control your Facebook page’s privacy setting, you need to be the admin of that Facebook page. You can make you how to lock your Facebook profile page private in the following manners:
- Control who can see and like your page by setting country and age restrictions.
- You can specify if visitors can post on your page.
- You may block certain words or profanity on your page.
- Unpublish your page so that Page administrators can only see it.
How to see who viewed your Facebook profile?
To see who has viewed your how to lock fb profile, open the main drop-down Menu (the 3 links). Now move to Privacy Shortcuts. Here, you’ll find the new option “Who viewed my profile?” right under the Privacy checkup feature.
What is the Facebook lock profile feature?
how to lock fb profile has already provided several privacy options. This latest profile lock feature enables users to lock their profile photos and posts. Those not on your friends’ list cannot look into, share, or download your profile photos and posts. It also restricts the third party to see the posts on your timeline. If you have already shared any public post on your timeline in the past, it will now only be visible to your friends’ list.
how to lock fb profile has taken an advanced step towards the privacy protection of its users. Being particularly aimed at women, they have introduced a profile lock feature. This feature lessens the chances of your personal data theft and thus protects it from being misused. If you are from one of those few countries where how to lock FB profile has launched this update, then you must find our guide as a perfect solution on how to lock your how to lock Facebook profile using your mobile and desktop.